Provides nutrition services to meet residents’ needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of current standards of practice for nutritional care, assessment, and counselling, normally acquired through a post-secondary degree in Food & Nutrition, plus related experience.
- Must have completed an accredited internship and be a member (or eligible for membership) in the Ontario College of Dietitians and the Dietitians of Canada.
- A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to corporate policies and procedures, and job-related standards/legislation (e.g., Standards of Practice of the College of Dietitians of Ontario, Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care food service compliance standards).
- Knowledge of institutional food service, long term care, and gerontology related to nutrition.
- Organization and analytical skills to independently conduct resident nutritional assessments; plan and develop individual nutrition care programs; and review menus to ensure compliance with dietetic and legislated nutrition standards.
- Communication and human relations skills to communicate effectively and empathetically with residents; explain nutritional intervention and individual nutrition programs to residents and their families; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to write reports, update files and care plans, and write letters/memos to colleagues and health care providers. Ability to read journals, articles, research reports, and legislation to keep knowledge current.
- Computer skills using programs such as Microsoft Office, a document management system, and electronic health record system (e.g., PointClickCare).
- Ability to travel to various locations inside and outside Waterloo Region.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3).
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Please apply online, by the closing date Oct 31, 2016 quoting competition number 2016-1837 , or send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Talent Management and Employee Services, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
1 weeks ago
Public Health InspectorRegion of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON
Must possess Certificate of Public Health Inspection (Canada) through certification by the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors....Read More 6 days ago
Dietitian (Sunnyside)Region of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON
Knowledge of current standards of practice for nutritional care, assessment, and counselling, normally acquired through a post-secondary degree in Food &...Read More 1 weeks ago
PlannerRegion of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON
Assist in the development and implementation of the Transit Service Improvement Plans, including analysis of route options, review of stop locations,...Read More 2 months ago
Specialist,Water QualityRegion of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON
A valid Class “G” driver’s license and acceptable driving record are required in order to operate a Regional vehicle....Read More 2 months ago
Supervisor, Operations (Paramedic Services)Region of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON
Emergency response activities require the possession of a valid Class “F” Driver’s License and acceptable driving record, and all other Primary or Advanced Care...Read More 2 months ago